Retinol is one of the hottest ingredients for preserving your skin and anti- aging. It also happens to be the headline ingredient in TWO of our best-selling products! So, what does retinol actually do? And, how do we safely use it in the summertime? We are here to walk you through the does & don’ts!
What is Retinol & what does it do?
Retinol in its natural form (just the way we like it) is Vitamin A which is a type of retinoid! Retinoids increase the turnover of skin cells and help with collagen production which keeps us looking young and fresh. They also can be used to help with blemishes, blackheads, and clogged pores by reducing the stickiness of our skin cells.
Is it right for me?
Sounds great, huh? Retinol is a SUPER ingredient and can help with all of our skin woes. But, while there are great things this ingredient provides, there are also some things to watch out for. If you have sensitive skin, this may not be the product for you. Retinol does wonders but can be too harsh for people with sensitive skin. Check out our tips below on how to start using Retinol and how to use it safely!
How to use retinol:
- If you are new to Retinol (Vitamin A), start off by using it once a week for 3 weeks to ease your skin into it.
- Pair your Retinol with a moisturizer. (Or use our Retinol Moisturizer…two in one!)
- Wash your face with a GENTLE cleanser, we recommend our Coconut Milk and Honey Facial Cleanser.
- If you do use Retinol daily, it is advised to pair it with a Vitamin C product at night. (Check out Baebody Vitamin C Serum and Viatmin C Moisturizer.) Vitamin C helps protect your skin from sun damage and pollution, so it’s the perfect pair to Retinol.
- USE SUNSCREEN! Your skin is its most vulnerable when it has Retinol on it and is very sensitive to the sun. Use at least a 30+ spf all day, everyday when you are using Retinol.
Shop Recommended Products
Leave a comment below if you have any questions on how to use Retinol during the summertime.