Is it possible to maintain glowing skin, hair and lips in the winter? With the right products and self-care, yes! We know not all of our baebody users experience a dramatic shift in weather during the winter season, but for those who do – it can be a brutal skin awakening. Redness, flaky and cracking skin, itchy scalp...yes, these are just a few of our not so favorite things in the winter. It’s important to take care of yourself during these blustery times, so let’s dive into seven products that are perfect for winter self-care hydration.
For your hair
Best said by dermatologist Wilma Bergfeld, MD, “You should treat your hair like a cashmere sweater.” Just think – you take the best care of your favorite sweater, so treat your hair just like that cozy sweater you’re envisioning. Here are some hair tips to keep in mind during the winter season:
- Brush your hair gently and wait to comb it after washing. Wet hair is more fragile, so a great rule of thumb is to wait to comb it until it’s less damp.
- Air drying hair is always best since it uses less heat. Skip the styling tools – hair is already drier than normal in the winter, so the less heat, the better.
- Space out services like coloring hair, getting a perm or a blowout eight to ten weeks longer than usual during the dry winter months. This will help prevent damage.
- Use scrunchies, or natural fabric brands, when putting hair in an updo. It might seem simple, but throwing your hair up in a tight bun can cause breakage and damage your hair. Tread gently.
- Don’t skip your regular haircuts. Enough said.
Brushing technique is just as important as the brush you use (use a wide-tooth brush with smooth-coated prongs).
- Hold hair toward the bottom and gently brush out the ends. Move up gradually by holding hair at about the halfway part until you’ve progressed to the entire length of your hair to the ends. Repeat until smooth, but make sure you have a firm grasp on the strands.
So now that you have the tips, let’s talk hair products. baebody’s Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner deeply nourishes, strengthens and helps restore elasticity, leaving hair frizz free. This shampoo and conditioner duo contains six key ingredients with luscious hydrating functions that are perfect for winter:
- Argan Oil: helps promote hair growth with cell production from antioxidants.
- Keratin: works by smoothing down the cells that overlap to form your hair strands.
- Jojoba Oil: contains anti-inflammatory properties which helps reduce redness caused by drying.
- Vitamin B5: deeply hydrating to help soften and quench skin by absorbing moisture from the air.
- Coconut Oil: packed with essential fatty acids, coconut oil moisturizes and softens hair, skin and nails and helps prevent hair breakage and split ends.
- Almond Oil: this antioxidant-rich oil contains high amounts of Vitamin A and E, which helps strengthen, soften and soothe hair while also reducing sun damage on skin.
*Looks down at ends of hair.* *Adds baebody’s Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to cart.*
For your skin
The face is a particular trouble area for a lot of people during the winter season. Your facial skin is the most exposed area of your body to the cold, dry winter air, so it’s important to use products that both hydrate and restore dry skin. In fact, most dermatologists recommend modifying your facial skin care regimen during the winter season. To help replenish dry skin, baebody’s hydration heroes have helped our skin glow – even through these snowy Chicago days.
Baebody’s Collagen Moisturizer contains powerful actives like peptide complex that hydrate and help build skin strength. Collagen is a vital protein that is responsible for skin strength and elasticity. When applied topically, collagen creates a filter-like effect that works to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles while binding moisture to the skin to lock in lasting hydration. Think of collagen as the glue that keeps skin firm and resilient.
Looking for the ultimate hydration hero? baebody’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum is your Hercules. Hyaluronic acid is a sugar found naturally in our skin that holds water and helps keep it hydrated and plump throughout the day. Its main function is to retain water to keep skin well lubricated. Because it physically functions to provide moisture and strength, this serum is perfect for dry skin.
If you’re looking for an extra boost of hydration to add to your winter skin care regimen, try nügg’s Aqua Boost face mask. This lightweight gel face mask is made with natural ingredients like camellia seed oil, rosehip oil, aloe juice and spirulina extract. A four-time winner of Allure’s Best of Beauty Award, this face mask provides glowing and dewy skin in just ten minutes.
For your body
There is not a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to skin. However, all skin types do appreciate feeling a little extra lather and a lot of love – especially when skin is dry and flaky during the winter months. Between dry indoor heat and the cold air outside, our skin cells dry out and die faster during the winter months. Is there anything I can do to help salvage my skin? Yes, exfoliate with our Coconut Milk Body Scrub.
Exfoliating during the winter is necessary because dead skin cells build up and absorb all the moisture from the products applied. You can moisturize all you want, but without properly exfoliating, these products won’t penetrate the skin with the buildup of dead skin cells. Exfoliators buff away dead skin cells and improve skin texture to reveal softer, smoother looking skin – and baebody’s Coconut Milk Body Scrub does exactly this while also moisturizing your skin. With six essential oils and luxurious coconut milk, this exfoliating scrub is the dry skin solution. And if you’re wondering what’s best to use after exfoliating to lock in moisture, our Sweet Almond Oil contains a powerful blend of fatty acids that improves skin tone and complexion.
For your lips
The skin on your lips is different from the rest of your body because it is thinner and more delicate. While the skin on your face can be up to 16 cell layers thick, the skin on your lips is only three to five layers thick. With less layers, your lips are more prone to dryness – especially in the winter. Consistency is key with lip care and finding a product that locks in moisture and combats dryness is essential.
nügg’s Happy Lips Lip Balm eliminates dry, rough and chapped lips through its healing properties. This ultra luxurious lip balm nourishes and protects lips while locking in essential moisture. Simply apply on lips, as needed. Happy Lips is 100% natural and vegan, your lips will thank you later.
So, here’s the deal – don’t slack off on whole-body hydration this winter. If you want to glow this summer, put in the time to up your skin care, hair care, lip care .... pretty much everything this winter. From head to toe, there’s a lot of self-care to go around. Don’t just help your body survive winter dryness – go one step further with these products and make it thrive!
Check out all our winter hydration essentials here!